Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Princesses Wrap up Fall Outing Weekend

We had the second Fall Outing ceremony for the remaining 1st & 2nd year Princess tribes this past Sunday.

What a beautiful day and evening! I enjoyed welcoming the 1st and 2nd year tribes at the deck and handing out our cool new 2007 Fall Outing patches.

I've never seen so many torches before. There were so many torches, that we actually ran out of kerosene. Lighting them also took longer. The procession nearly got to the torches before all were lit. Seeing all the torches and their reflection in the lake is an impressive sight.

The ceremony was more impressive now that the time has changed. Unlike the first weekend, it was completely dark before the procession came down between the torches.

I had my son Aaron "Tough Bull" (7th year) and my daughter Ashlyn "Fuzzy Kitty" (2nd year) with me this weekend. I'm already looking forward to this Sunday when I'll be bringing my wife Monica and my parents to Kanata to see Fall Outing for themselves.

Attention Guide Tribes! The Princess tribes have raised a ton of money for WeBuildPeople! Can you top them? I know you can! Make sure your tribe has talked about your tribe's pledge for WeBuildPeople by the time you come to Fall Outing. We will be collecting your tribe's WeBuildPeople pledge cards on the Mess Hall deck where you check in. Remember, no money is due now. Just your pledge.

I heard about one tribe having a yard sale with all the proceeds going to WeBuildPeople. That's an excellent idea. The dads matched the sales and then one of the dads' employers matched the total contribution. This is a great way to meet your $500 donation level (or more!) to be eligible to win a free Spring Outing for the entire tribe.

I look forward in seeing all the 1st & 2nd year Guide tribes this Sunday! Don't hesitate to come and say hello. Be the first Little Brave to come up and meet me any time Sunday and mention this blog and you'll win 15 fireballs!

No comments: